Grandma Rose passed away this morning. I am sad that she is gone (and will never meet our baby in this life), but it was a quiet ending. Mom was with her these last few weeks as the cancer spread quickly inside her. This morning, mom noticed that she simply stopped breathing. How peaceful!Grandma was great at giving hugs and making people happy. She made yummy Pizelles (Italian anise waffle cookies) and I am glad I have the recipe so I can continue to make them in her honor! She always had a chocolate bundt cake and a bowl of candy on the counter when we came over. I also remember being very young and asking if she would make her chicken soup for me because I loved it so much. From her, I think I got the desire to crochet things without a pattern. She made lots of Barbie clothes and I am thankful that she made a baby afghan for us last Christmas. She will be missed, but her spirit lives on!
1 comment:
I'm so sorry Rachel. I know how important Grandparents are! When i was pregnant with Stratton, 3 of them passed away within 3 months. It made me so sad that they wouldn't be able to meet Stratton here, but i knew they got to meet him before i did! :) You and your family will be in our prayers!
Post a Comment