We've been trying to figure out how to enable Gabriel to sleep through the night. Yes, he hasn't consistently slept 5 hours in a row at night since he was born. We tried the "Ferber" method (where you put the baby down drowsy but not asleep and check on him to reassure him after gradually increasing time intervals until he falls asleep). After two hours of solid crying, we decided that crying himself to sleep wasn't a good method. (That and Paul couldn't comfort both a crying baby and a crying mother.) Since we tried that experiment three nights ago, Gabriel has slept through every night! :) We're trying our own mix of methods but welcome any suggestions!
Gabriel outgrew his cradle, which is partly what brought this on. Compare this picture below with Gabriel in
August.

4 comments:
he's gotten so big! happy 1/2 birthday.
Oh my goodness, he has grown. What a sweety, loves his cereal but not the peas. LOL How fun to watch him grow and change, and how fast they grow. One suggestion I used for my son, (Paul may remember his crying marathons), was classical music playing softly in his room. It took a night or two but it worked wonders. Good luck Rachel, hope you find the answer for Gabriel so you ALL can sleep through the night.
I can't believe how much he's grown!!! What a cute little guy! I hope you find some sleeping answers soon. These little ones just seem to be on their own schedules for the most part!!!
One thing that worked very well with my babies, were the ideas I found in a book called "Baby Wise". I can't even begin to explain the methods in this comment section, but my kids have been great, independent sleepers from the beginning - it's worth a shot! I am not sure how hard it may be to implement these ideas at his age as I started it from the first weeks of life. Good luck! Don't be discouraged!
Post a Comment