Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The Big TWO

Gabriel turned 2 on Sunday! We had a few toddler friends over on Saturday morning and they had a great time playing together. On Sunday we invited Gabriel's grandparents and aunts and uncles over to celebrate. I made it a fish-themed party since Gabriel loves "Finding Nemo" and the color blue. I hung inflatable fish and blue streamers. We munched on goldfish crackers and had swedish fish candies on top of chocolate cupcakes. We BBQ'd salmon and ate blue jello with blueberries and orange slices (for the orange fish Nemo swimming in the blue ocean). Gabriel had so much fun and received so many wonderful presents.

Gabriel knew how to blow out his candle and loved that part.
Eating the cupcake was the best part though.Gabriel gives me his famous side-eyes.

4 comments:

Skye said...

You are so creative! What great ideas for his party! I still can't believe he's 2 already?! I love the side eyes picture!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Gabriel!!! I can't believe that 2 years have passed... I love to check up on you guys through your blog... wish we were all closer though.

julia said...

I'm so glad we were able to make it!

Stacy said...

Happy Birthday Gabriel and Rachel-both July babies! -Stacy