Gabriel turned 2 1/2 today! He surprises us every day with the things he does and says. He can talk in full sentences and several sentences at once. He uses his imagination often and teases and jokes with us. He can play happily by himself. He can feed himself, drink from a real cup, and eat almost anything we can (and tells us "spicy" or "so tasty"). He talks to himself and today I caught him using a deeper voice while roleplaying. He loves to copy us and boss the cat.The other day he "played" Nursery (the church's class for kids his age). He held up a poster I had made for church with pictures of different families on it and said, "Everybody come'ere. Everybody, look pittures." And he pointed and talked, just like a nursery leader would. He said something like "Jesus story parents" and I definitely heard a "Heavenly Fader" in there somewhere. Then he walked around the room and kept saying "Everybody come'ere." He even literally chased down the cat and tried to get him to come'ere for the lesson! I was laughing so hard while he ran after the cat with the poster in his two hands yelling come'ere!
We've had at least two talks with Gabriel about his upcoming little brother. I think it finally hit home today. On the way to my doctor's appointment Gabriel said, "Mommy big tummy." And I said, "Yes, remember that mommy has a baby in her tummy?" And he laughed. Then I said, "Gabriel is going to be a big brother soon. We're going to have a baby." And he laughed and enthusiastically said, "oh boy!" He also played with his baby doll this evening in a very loving manner.
Baby #2 (at 31 weeks):
Everything went well at the doctor's appointment. Because the baby was very quiet this weekend, I was a little worried and the doctor monitored his heartbeat for 30 minutes today. Gabriel was an angel the whole time. The baby is fine, heartbeat is still strong, and he even got the hiccups while monitored. She also measured my fluids (normal too) and I got to glimpse him on the ultrasound for a few seconds. We are so excited to meet our new baby boy. (We have a name picked out but will wait to meet him to make sure it fits.)Paul:
Paul has been working hard on his latest personal project: a revision of ADnD. In the past, he's always come up with extra material for this classic tabletop roleplaying game, but now he's building his own rules and characters from the ground up. He spent his whole week's vacation from Christmas to New Year's finishing up an alpha version to self-publish on www.lulu.com. The books came today and we're proud and happy! Now to playtest!
No comments:
Post a Comment