Monday, July 12, 2010

Happy 3 Years Old!

My first baby boy turned 3 years old today!
Ah, I remember Gabriel's loooong labored birth so well:
Adorable edible cheeks at 1 years old (toddling around and exploring everything):
The beginning of the fun and challenging 2 year old (side eyes and facial expressions to match his verbal expressions):
Now Gabriel is 3 years old:
He is my BIG boy! He eats almost-adult-sized meals. He is enjoying a bowl of cereal and milk here. He also loves a big bowl of rice and refried beans, and he gobbled down a huge bowl of broccoli by himself that I was expecting to share with him for dinner. Not quite potty trained, but capable of it. His vocabulary is expanding every day, he talks in complete sentences and paragraphs. He also constantly asks what words mean and what we're talking about. We've moved beyond nouns (words for toys and food) to concepts (growing up and digestion).

Today Gabriel saw some people working on our neighbor's roof. Naturally, he wanted to climb the ladder and go up there with them. As part of his argument, he told me, "I'm almost a man now." You sure are growing up fast, my sweet Gabriel!

1 comment:

julia said...

I'm almost a man now?!
Oh my goodness - that is hilarious. I love it.
Such a big guy.