Paul took Gabriel camping today (his friend from AZ is in town and Paul took Wednesday through Friday off work to do fun stuff). I am excited for Gabriel and wish I was there, but I thought it would be too much to handle both kids. So Ephraim and I stayed home. He's been having a very tough three days, so when our new membership to the Children's Discovery Museum arrived today, I jumped at the chance to get out of the house. It turned out to be the best afternoon I've had in a while!
I loved seeing his reactions to all the awesome exhibits! I remember taking Gabriel to the CDM when he was about this age and it was fun seeing Ephraim's own personality come out (different reactions than Gabriel had and no big brother to overshadow the experience). He enjoyed seeing the real fire truck and ambulance:
Here he is still warming up to the place (he was a little clingy and overwhelmed the first half hour). He loved the climbing dragon and the sound room where he could press the frog, dinosaur, duck, and hammer to hear sounds.
The lights and carousel and colored shadows are naturally a hit with kids. He was pointing and talking up a storm!
He couldn't get enough of the tunnel (Gabriel's favorite at that age too.) We spent a lot of time in the tree with the animal puppets too. At one point a mother came up to me briefly and said: "I love the way you play with your son, I can tell that you must really be in love with him." I was touched! She walked away before I could say anything except, thank you. But the more I thought about her kind words which she took the time to say, the more I treasured my time with Ephraim because they were so true. I got to spend quality time seeing his interest in the world around him come out. He is adorable and so sweet! I can't wait until our next date! :)



No comments:
Post a Comment