Monday, February 17, 2014

Puddle Jumpers

Sunday was a beautiful day after so much rain. Ephraim woke up with a yucky cough, so we had to stay home from church. But he was in good spirits (as always) so we explored our backyard. All the rolly-pollies were out! Ephraim was so incredibly happy. 
I encouraged him to jump in the puddles and he loved seeing how far he could make the water splash. He didn't like the getting wet part (we went through three sets of clothes and a bath afterwards to warm up), but he was smiling the whole time.
 
 
Gabriel joined us in the afternoon. We discovered the tarp that covered our sandbox was filled with water. I couldn't manage to get all the water off the tarp before all the water drained into the sandbox. But the kids didn't seem to mind in the least! Water and sand--two perfect kid "toys" for endless fun!
 Little brother watching big brother draw requests in his sketchbook.
We went and saw "The Lego Movie" in the theater today (with everyone ELSE who had the day off work and school). I thought it was okay but the kids loved it. We stopped by Target on the way home for some cereal and a new boardgame to play at my parents' house this week while they are off school. I think Gabriel was tired (fighting E's cold?) and hungry. I had brought a little snack with us to the theater but it obviously wasn't enough for this growing boy. He has Feed Me written all over his face in this video. I felt so bad for him and guilty that I didn't take better care of him. But man, it was good to record a tantrum.
(Side note: Gabriel had hit Ephraim in the face, so that's why Ephraim is crying... that and big brother gets awfully loud and scary. The video cuts out because G reaches for E's tissue and I wasn't sure that's all he was reaching over to do. Thankfully, we all made it home in one piece. Can I put this on G's wedding video or show him when he has kids of his own?! heehee)

No comments: