Monday, October 6, 2014

Mommy Time

Taking a break from the kids for a moment:
I started taking a Basic Sewing class at the local adult ed school. I'm pretty sure I know the basics that mom has taught me over the years, but it's an excuse to get out of the house one night a week for two months. We will be making pajama pants from a pattern. The teacher gave us all coupons to JoAnn's Fabrics, so over the weekend I went to find flannel for the boys' pants. While I was there, I was overwhelmed with excitement and inspiration. I went to buy a few supplies for the class, but I could not find a box or bag I liked to put them in. So I found a cheap pattern for a bag I liked. For two days I've been working on this. Mom just happened to already have the exact bias tape for the edging that I needed. How perfect! Instant gratification! So proud of myself. heehee!
Nobody look too closely please, the photo should be just fuzzy enough I hope...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's great! Isn't it gratifying to be able to make exactly the thing you need? :)