We decided we didn't have nearly enough boardgames and such that we could play as a family. (We have Chutes & Ladders, Candyland, Ladybug Picnic, Sorry, and a few others, but are outgrowing some of these.) So during the holiday weekend, we went to the toy store and browsed the game section. Ephraim picked out this fishing game. We quickly modified the rules and "level 2" is putting the fish back in while it's spinning.
Gabriel was drawn to Catan Junior. Since I've played Settlers of Catan, I recognized the name and it was added to our new collection. It is a new favorite, I highly recommend it for kids.
We also created our own version of Twister using an old video game pad we have. Gabriel is all twisted up.
Ephraim is so flexible.
I needed to capture his cheeks before he grows up too much! September was Ephraim's half-birthday. 5 1/2 years old now!
Ephraim's faithful kitty helps watch over the crazy track being built.
Soon after Gabriel turned eight, he started cub scouts. One of the things he had to do to earn a belt loop was plan and cook dinner for his family. He decided on grilled cheese, peas, and sliced apples. He was incredibly proud of himself (and mom was too!!!).
Cub scouts then had a field trip to the local firehouse. Do you know the difference between a fire truck and a fire engine?
Gabriel's talent amazes me sometimes when he tries. He drew this from memory of the Lord of the Rings. So much detail, I love it!
1 comment:
nope, what is the difference between a fire truck and a fire engine...... :-)
Great pictures. I love these visual updates. So glad we have a little schedule for skype too. It's the little glimpes we get of the boys growing up so fast. So many memories from our vacation, and hopfully building a relationship with the boys.
Love the opportunity to get updates on you, your challenges, accomplishments, and hopes. Love you, love the boys. Hugs to all.
Post a Comment