Monday, August 11, 2008

13 Months

I came into the game room to this:

My little monkey has been climbing that folding king chair all by himself. This time he pushed it up to the game shelf, stood on it, and found some wooden dice to chew on:

I wish I could take more good pictures. I was just thinking how different life is than when he was first born. My subject doesn't lie still for photo opportunities. I spend most of my time chasing after him. My shots are blurred images of the things he's exploring.

Last night, Gabriel took the first step to eating with utensils. With a little of my guidance, Gabriel dunked his spoon in the applesauce bowl and put the spoon to his mouth. It was very exciting for us to see. He used his right hand, and his left hand adjusted his grip on the spoon when needed. He still eats other food with his fingers and I'm still feeding him some baby food to make sure he has a balanced diet. A diet besides sand from the park and bits of paper!

No comments: