This evening I peeled an apple for Gabriel to eat. I sliced one chunk out for him and started cutting it in bite-size pieces. When I offered it on a plate for him, he grabbed the whole apple and had a great time biting into it. Such a big boy now!Gabriel continues to amaze us with his talking, gesturing, and associations. We were reading a book today and he pointed to the picture of raspberries. I said, "raspberries" and he jabbered excitedly and pointed to the front door. I didn't know what this meant at first. "Oh, you had raspberries at grandpa and grandma's house the other day?" More jabbering. Then he went to the front door and pointed like he wanted to go. He was sad when I said we weren't going back today to eat more raspberries out of the garden.
We sing songs with hand jestures. He can do almost all the signs of Itsy Bitsy Spider. He stretches tall and goes to the floor for "Once there was a snowman." Lately I just started doing "Little Rabbit FooFoo" (a song I learned as a Girl Scout and a favorite of the kids I babysat as a teenager). Gabriel can do the sign for rabbit now. He even signed rabbit when I read about the rabbit in a book.
Gabriel tries hard to communicate with us. Many times it is deliberate syllables, sometimes with added mushed fingers in an attempted at a new sign. I'm sure he is just as frustrated as we are.
2 comments:
he'll be talking soon enough and then you'll think to yourself - remember when he used to just make those cute noises :)
Oh he is growing and changing and talking so fast. Record it all now, because like Julia said, one day he will be so grown and you will miss all the cute adorable and yes frustrating things he does at this age. Journal, scrap book, video, etc. You think you will remember it all, but you won't ... so save it as you are doing and don't let a busy life stop you.
Love you,
Dad and Mom-Lisa
Post a Comment