Monday, August 24, 2009

Cutie Pie

Gabriel's sweet "cheese" smile still makes my day.
I love how relaxed and peaceful he looks when he's sleeping. We are still grateful that we found a way for Gabriel to fall asleep on his own. He looks forward to reading books with us and takes his "bunny banket" to bed with him.
Gabriel is talking up a storm, putting 2-4 words together to form thoughts. He is working on counting to 20 (he can say 1-10, then "telve, tirteen, sixteen, eighteen, nineteen"). He knows his colors, even li-bue and dark-bue. He knows his shapes and can identify animals and not just their sounds (sheep instead of just bah). His favorite toy is still his building blocks, especially if dad is home. He also likes his toy cars and drawing on paper with colored pencils.

Gabriel learned to say his own name about two weeks ago, which really helps communication. Gabriel has also learned to say Paul's name. Sadly, I need to just call Paul "dad" from now on and hope he answers. I think Gabriel mostly uses "Paul" when he's trying to get someone's attention.

While the initial excitement of a new baby is wearing off a little (although the nausea hasn't at all), we're still making plans and are happy. We're rearranging our bedroom to make room for a crib (this next baby WILL use it, hahaha). We decided not to worry about names until we know the sex of the baby. And I am nesting big time--I cleaned out our closet and have a huge desire to get rid of half our stuff.

No comments: