Thursday, November 19, 2009

It's Beginning

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas. I bought Christmas lights recently and Gabriel and I tested them out. In the store he kept calling them candies, so when we got home I had to show him that they were even better. Now the day after Thanksgiving (when we can decorate) can't come soon enough for him.
I am so excited to share Christmas with him this year, he understands so much! Gabriel's vocabulary continues to amaze us. He shares ideas and his point of view often. He sings songs all the time (the words to "Yellow Submarine" tonight at dinner, for example). His imagination is always increasing. We played with scraps of paper today and they were bridges, roads, houses, arrows, and cars and airplanes. He's not afraid to let me know when I'm wrong either--it's not a building, mom, it's a bridge.

In baby news, I feel huge and uncomfortable. But the best part is that Paul finally felt the baby roll and kick last night when he put his hand on my belly while we relaxed on the couch. We're both so much more excited now.

No comments: