Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Comparison

Ephraim turned 6 weeks old yesterday.
Ephraim fidgets a lot in his sleep but also sleeps soundly once all the way asleep. We put the co-sleeper crib next to our bed two nights ago and it seems to work so far. He is napping in his full crib right now (something I never could do with Gabriel).
This is what I got from Gabriel when I asked him to smile. :)
Gabriel's latest phrase is "oh correct" but it sounds more like "oh crick."

Today we played with the letter magnets. When we first started spelling Gabriel's name for him, we'd draw a line under it to emphasis it. Now he thinks his name needs a line under it to be complete. He is a child of the modern era--he found dot magnets and thinks they're part of the alphabet and keeps putting them between the magnet letters (thanks to watching lots of "pbskids.org" tv shows).

The boys are very different. Gabriel ate every 1 1/2 hours and people commented on his long fingers. Ephraim eats about every 2 1/2 hours and people comment on how much hair he has. It seems like Gabriel cried all the time (mostly from hunger). Ephraim fusses but only cries if I wait too long into his fuss to feed him or if he is tired and is having trouble falling asleep.

No comments: