Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Swim Lessons and New Oven

Gabriel is taking his first swimming lessons every day for the next two weeks. These are pictures of the first 5 minutes on the first day. That's about as long as he lasted in the water before breaking down into tears for "mommy."

Yesterday was the second day of swim lessons and he did better because we kept him in the water the whole time. I'm hoping today there won't be any tears. He loves water!!! But I think this is his first remembered experience with deep water, plus a stranger for a teacher to get used to. I am so proud of him for as much as he does! All the moms there assured me their son was exactly the same at first.

**Update: Gabriel cried all 30 minutes of his lessons every day. Friday something clicked and he was having fun after the first 10 minutes.**

And my new oven arrived yesterday!!! Out with the old scary cracked pilot-lit gas stove that heats up the whole house:
In with the new 5-burner (multiple-size burners too) electric stove with the knobs up on top away from reaching hands:
I made apple oatmeal muffins for our Girls' Night last night. I can't wait to cook other things.

No comments: