Thursday, April 14, 2011

Good-Night Finger-Kiss

The other day we built a castle in Gabriel's room, futon as one wall, rocking chair as the other, with a sheet on top (with a cool secret passageway between the other side of the rocking chair and the bookcase). Here are the boys playing swords inside it. Ephraim was actually having a great time and Gabriel enjoyed playing with him.
Ephraim is pretending to be defeated. :)
Ephraim just looked photogenic at lunch today because he was making all kinds of funny faces at me. Here are two.

Last night Ephraim made Gabriel and I laugh so much I had trouble getting them to calm down for bed. Now that Paul is working again, I have to put Gabriel to sleep while Ephraim hangs out with us. Obviously, Ephraim has learned our routine because last night while I was reading stories to Gabriel, he came up to us and waved good-night and walked over to the closed door like he was leaving. He came back to do it again and added a good night kiss. But what made us laugh so hard was that instead of kissing his hand and blowing, he sticks his finger in his mouth and pulls it out with a sucking sound. With our laughter encouraging him, he continued to "blow" us a kiss, wave good-night, walk to the door to wave and kiss again... only to run back to the bed and do it again.

And we had a few hot days two weeks ago (but I haven't had a chance to post this video until now). Paul played outside with the kids while I worked (the day after Paul's interview and job offer). More videos of the boys running in the sprinklers to come this summer, I'm sure.

No comments: