Sunday, August 21, 2011

Indoor and Outdoor Fun

Gabriel spelled his name all by himself using the letter magnets. I asked him why there was a 4 in the middle of his name and he matter-of-factly told me it's because he's 4 years old. (Duh!) He can spell out his name using a pencil, but usually forgets the "I" there too.

New game for the week: making bubble soup in the bathroom sink. (Gabriel learned how to pull the stopper in the sink and has been giving his action figures and frogs baths for about two weeks now.) The boys were fighting over the one wooden spoon they had found, so I gave them a second. It made for a good clean mess, that's for sure!
I rediscovered the local Farmer's Market. We went first thing in the morning on Wednesday and went to the park up the hill from it afterward. We were just in time for the water sprinklers to be turned on.
On Saturday, Paul's friend was in from WA, so we invited people to a park to play with boffer swords. It turned out Eric, John, and the four of us were the only ones there. But we had lots of fun!


No comments: