Thursday, September 15, 2011

Pizza and Broccoli

So glad we have a toy box! It's good for all kinds of uses. Ephraim was in here singing to himself.
I got back from Girl Scout Alumnae Women's Weekend on Sunday and Paul was awesome and made dinner. We've been having homemade pizza once a week, so Paul made it this time. It was really saucy! I don't think Ephraim minded.
Gabriel was proud of his drawing. He says it is a picture of him swimming in the water with his dad in the background. The dots are the sandy beach. I love the curvy legs to show that he is swimming.
Gabriel has been going to preschool half days on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. Ephraim and I play in the playground with him for the first 20-30 minutes. Ephraim loves playing with the big kids.
Ephraim has never been a meat eater. He has never eaten chicken or beef or fish or egg. Sometimes he'll eat the breaded fish sticks that I bake. When he's in the mood, he'll eat refried beans and rice. I was starting to worry about his nutrition because he isn't even a big milk drinker (unlike his brother who could live on milk). Then one week I made pizza and put leftover bits of beef on it. He loves pizza and ate it, meat and all. I was relieved he got some protein down. Then he seemed to hit a milestone. This last week he's been eating the chicken I offer him! I am so excited! He kept asking for more last night. Wow!

Yesterday, I was checking email and came back to find Gabriel in the kitchen with a guilty look on his face. Wondering what he got into, I found the container of leftover broccoli open and him with a bunch in his hand and mouth. (I had pulled out leftovers for a lasagna I was making.) I laughed out loud! I love my kids! I love that they love healthy food.

I caught Gabriel "reading" out of his Transformer's book to Ephraim. He was telling a great story (There are almost no pictures.) Then I got the camera out and I think he got self-conscious. I love that Ephraim was totally captivated. I hope this is a hint for the future.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Rachel, thank you for stopping by my blog and for your sweet comment. I totally know how the hallway baby trap is. We have a two year old and struggle with the same problem. My current trial? My husband cheated on my 9 months ago and we are still dealing with that struggle as well as many others that lead up to him making that decision. Anyway, my heart is with you. May you also find peace in your journey, whatever your trial may be. xo