(I can't believe I've let so much time go by since the last blog update.)
Last weekend, I took the kids to my friend Julia's son's 3rd birthday party. It was at the park and she had made chocolate cupcakes--Gabriel thought it was the best birthday party ever! He also made a new friend at the park and was practically in tears to leave him. "Pierce" had a Superman shirt while Gabriel wore his Captain America shirt, and they both ran around swinging imaginary swords. They were perfect for each other and played really well together. Sadly we were all the way up in Alameda and I never saw his parent, so we couldn't make future plans.
Both the incident at the park and my friend Kim inspired me to get going on preschools. I have been looking for a while, but decided it was time to just pick one for now. I did and Gabriel started on Friday, September 2. It is only for 3 hours 3 times a week, but we can increase it to 5 days when he's ready.
When I asked what he did his first day of preschool, Gabriel said, "I made new friends." When asked what else he did, he said, "Played on the playground." Perfect! I hope his excitement and happiness last the rest of the year.
The big event this weekend was our third wedding of the year. Our other friend Julia got married on Sunday and she had asked me to be one of her bridesmaids! It was a great honor and a beautiful wedding!
We were so glad we had Monday as a holiday to relax! And we did. We had a lazy morning, then went to the bounce house at the mall (with everyone else, wow crowded!). Gabriel is a pro at climbing and jumping around. Ephraim wasn't so sure until daddy went in with him. He preferred sitting on the horse as we were leaving (it didn't move).
We went out to dinner to Sweet Tomatoes and ran around at the park afterwards, watching the airplanes come in for a landing at San Jose Airport.







No comments:
Post a Comment