Friday, November 4, 2011

Hit by a Milestone

While getting ready for preschool this morning, I heard something that made me burst out laughing. Gabriel (not a morning person) was sitting on the couch and Ephraim crawled up to sit next to him. Gabriel said, "Ephraim, stop looking at me! Stop looking at me!" We've reached that age! :-D

Speaking of age, I usually share my bowl of cereal with Ephraim in the morning. He sits on my lap and gets every other spoonful. This morning, that was NOT good enough for him. He wanted to hold the spoon himself. He was making a big mess, so I got him his own bowl of cereal and let him sit by himself. That bowl promptly got flung across the kitchen!! So, summoning all my powers of patience, I let him feed himself from my bowl. Soon he was covered in wet cereal, along with me and the blanket he insisted on wearing to the table. But he had a satisfied smile by the time he was done. Then, while walking Gabriel into preschool, Ephraim pushed out of my arms and wanted to walk NEXT to Gabriel instead of being carried. Wow! My boys grow up fast!

No comments: