Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Prep for Christmas

So every year's end since Gabriel was born we have collected our digital photos and home videos and Paul transforms them into a beautiful DVD. That has been occupying our free time lately, not to mention Christmas shopping and wrapping and planning. But here are a few goodies I want to record before I forget:

A few weeks ago, I started putting Ephraim in cloth diapers on and off (to see if it helped his eczema). He suddenly is more interested in the potty. He has asked to sit on the potty 5 times now and peed 3 times while there. He will be 21 months on Friday and doesn't really show other signs of readiness, but it very exciting to know that things might be easier this time around.

Ephraim is using more words every day. Sometimes I think he gets lazy with enunciating, but I can get it with a few guesses. He picks up new signs happily, so we've added please and thank you and sorry and dirty (hoping he'd talk about his diaper with that one). One day we were playing inside and Ephraim signed "dirty" to me and pointed to the backdoor... he wanted to go outside and play in the dirt. He continues to be extremely patient when it comes to toys. He is slightly right-dominant, but prefers to try all things with both hands still. He loves to make his brother laugh (and vice versa).

Gabriel is enjoying preschool. It makes me proud to hear everyone chime his name eagerly when we enter in the morning. His closest friends are girls ("Gianna," in particular at school). I read somewhere that it helps if you give kids this age specific compliments on what they're good at. He has clung on to "you're a great artist" and loves to draw. He describes himself as a "fast runner and good artist." They are definitely his strongest traits right now. He amazes us each day with the things he draws.

(More pics to come, as soon as the laptop/files are free again after we finish the DVD.)

No comments: