Wednesday, August 8, 2012

New House!!

We survived the move! We had a couple of great friends helping us on both sides, not to mention the wonderful help from my parents. We made it to the new house. I love all the space, especially now that most of the boxes are unpacked. There are plenty to go, but enough room to breath.

I love this picture of Ephraim in the sunlight the morning after our move. Our front room faces east and is so bright and cheerful.
The kids needed a few nights to adjust to the new place. Needless to say, I didn't get much sleep. You can tell why I woke up early that morning, right?
There was a dead tree in the backyard. Grandpa and Uncle Mike ripped it down with their bare hands and Gabriel happily made a "treehouse" with the branches. Here he is guarding it.
We bought some essentials for the house, including stickers for each boy's room. Gabriel naturally got Star Wars stickers (to go with his posters and alarm clock). He inherited a large dresser, which works perfectly as a Lego table too. Ephraim picked out train stickers and got a large farm-theme rug.
First day of church in the new ward. So grown up, my little men!
Did I mention a perk of our new house?! It is surrounded on three sides by overgrown blackberry bushes. Yes, it is even blackberry season! Yum! Come over and pick 'em for yourself before Grandpa helps us cut them back.
 Grandpa is helping us set up a garden too. Ephraim and Gabriel like helping.
 Gabriel climbs the tree in the backyard.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't wait to see the new place! It must feel great to have privacy and a YARD again :)
-Julia

Gilbert Family said...

how great! love space & sunshine! glad the boys (and you) like the new place. it looks awesome!!!

MonaLisa said...

I love morning sunshine in my rooms too ... I love sunshine in my rooms anytime of the day or season (except in AZ's summers of course - lol).

I am so glad you had help getting moved and it went as smoothly as it did. Elbow room, or room to breath is always welcome.

I love the picture of Ephraim sitting on the boxes in the sunshine the morning after your move.

I would love to see more pictures of the house now that you are even more settled in.

You need a king size bed so there's enough room for you and the little ones when they find their way to your room at night. :-)

Awesome to have Grandpa and Uncle Mike near by and willing to rip down dead trees. lol

The decorations for the boy's rooms sound fun. I love decorating a room and personalizing it.

Aw, look at those boys, all dressed for church and looking so grown up. Sweet sweet picture.

Black berry bushes?! yumm!! Free berries for jam, cobbler, pies, ice cream toppings ... wow, did you luck out!

Look at your two little helpers, not afraid of work, and how awesome that your Dad is helping you put in a garden.

You are much loved Rachel!!!
Hug Gabriel and Ephraim for us.