Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Counting Up for Blast Off

Fingerpaints! I love to see each of their personalities come out when we paint--Gabriel is a quick chaotic mess, swirling the paint in the plate all together and smearing it onto the paper. Done! Ephraim timidly dips his fingertips in the paint and complains that it's on his fingers. Then once he gets used to it, he carefully dots the paper, and needs to wash his hands every minute in between papers. Ephraim painted himself there at the end (up to his elbows).
Our garden is doing extremely well. We love coming outside to pick and eat fresh snap peas (our favorite vegetable). We've eaten our first head of lettuce and a couple of batches of swiss chard. The potato plants are huge and flowering. The tomato plants are getting taller and the second batch of lettuce is growing fast.
Gabriel takes a while to fall asleep in his room, so Ephraim and I wind down our day together in the front room and he usually falls asleep on the couch (then I carry him to bed after I'm sure Gabriel is asleep). However, here are some fun positions and places Ephraim has slept in this week! (what do you do with your legs when they are sooooo long?!)
 

Between mom's office chair on wheels and a house covered in hardwood floors, we have a GREAT time! There are skid marks on the walls in the hallway where Gabriel has propelled himself and gone flying on the wheeled chair. Ephraim likes to do it while on my lap. He pushes off a wall and I help us go sailing across the room where we "crash" into the opposite wall and do it all again. Ephraim is doing his countdown (really a count-UP) and I thought it was a good time to catch him counting for the camera.

No comments: