Thursday, May 30, 2013

Kindergarten Graduation!

Playing zombies coming out of the ground (toy hole) at grandma and grandpa's house.
On May 16, Gabriel lost his 4th tooth! The new adult tooth is already poking through.
 Sometimes we need our friends to help us eat dinner. :)
Thank you, again, Uncle Mike, for the zombies. They took over the Lego table, and Gabriel and Ephraim enjoyed building up walls to keep the zombies out of the rest of the city.
The day after Gabriel's fieldtrip to the Lawrence Hall of Science (May 23), where he made Slime and really enjoyed the day there, Gabriel had this conversation with me:
Gabriel: Mom, I want you to homeschool me today. I want to learn 5th grade stuff and you help me with the answers.
Me: Why do you want to learn 5th grade stuff?
Gabriel: Because I don’t want to be just a chunk of boy with nothing in his brain. (“duh,” implied)
...I think he's ready to graduate from Kindergarten!!


He got his cap and gown today and was bursting with happiness and wanted to wear it the rest of the day. The little ceremony will be Thursday, June 6, so the gown is going in my closet to hide and stay neat and clean until then.

No comments: