FIRST DAY OF PRESCHOOL!! (Monday, August 19)
My little peacock (a friend of ours gave us a handful of feathers)
FIRST DAY OF 1st GRADE! Gabriel's first day was Tuesday, August 20. On Wednesday, he said they had a fieldtrip to a junkyard to pick out parts and build go-carts! He was so excited to tell me. He said then they had a race and he came in second place!!! So proud of him!
Since this was also my first week of full-time work (ugh! I'm exhausted but happy), I didn't get to see the kids much. But Gabriel has been in the best moods when I do get to spend time with him. Yesterday (Friday), Gabriel asked for a ziplock bag and made a Lego set for Ephraim!! He created a little instruction book with drawings of the pieces, assembled Lego pieces, and put it all into the bag. He was sooooo sweet, even helping Ephraim put things back together.
We've got potatoes! After such a stressful week, I wanted to check on our garden. Just for fun I dug my hands into the dirt (very therapeutic!!) and dug up all our big potatoes (leaving plenty to regrow). I have a sink full of potatoes, which might be handed out to friends. I know what we're having for dinner.... :)
The week before school started, the kids both got a cold. We played with play-doh and had a good time at home. Here is Ephraim with his sand-monster (and Gabriel coughing in the background).
No comments:
Post a Comment