I wanted to paint Gabriel's bedroom, and Gabriel earned it by staying in bed enough nights in the month of July. We decided on dark blue to make it look like space since he is so interested in Star Wars. My mom came over and offered her experience and help, both were greatly appreciated!
Step One: Grab your tools.
Step Two: Paint the border and cracks first with a brush, and then the rest with a roller. Let dry.
Step Three: Introduce excited boy to the room and let him loose with the glow-in-the-dark stickers!
With the leftover paint, I went wild and sponge-painted my bedroom on two walls. I LOVE it!! I have never done anything so bold in my living space before. It is different and fun and I feel like a sophisticated grown up. (photos of my room to come) The funniest part was that I thoroughly cleaned Gabriel's room beforehand and we put on gloves to paint ... but my room was a last-minute adventurous decision after we started cleaning up. My furniture miraculously stayed paint-free, but my gloveless hands were caked in paint from the sponge. :) Both projects left me with dark blue freckles on my arms and face. And yet it was another super wonderful weekend!
1 comment:
still waiting for pictures of your room. (hint hint)
Post a Comment