Sunday, January 5, 2014

Dec-Jan Catching Up

In mid-December we went to a birthday party at the Build-a-Bear store. Ephraim built Rudolph with a red blinking nose. Gabriel built a bunny and added a Darth Vader outfit. We had so much fun seeing our friends in San Jose.
 
We ate pizza and cupcakes outside the mall for the party... and made faces for the camera because we can't just smile.
No school and no work for vacation has been terrific! One day we bundled up and played in the backyard. The boys brought the Army Men outside with us and played with them in the sandbox for a long time. Then we brought them all into the bathtub while we washed all the sand off.
Christmas was wonderful! We opened the package from Grandma and Grandpa Gunn (and Tony and Michelle). Ephraim loves the bug kit and put some of the stickers on his new favorite shirt which has bug buttons on it. He would wear this shirt every day if I let him.
Both kids worked together to draw on the giant puzzle pieces and then had fun taking it apart and piecing it back together.
Gabriel's science kit is a huge hit. We started growing the crystals right away. Gabriel has been chipping away at the rock to find his dinosaur bones. The mess is completely worth it! He is so happy and it's nice to have a project he can go to throughout the day.
Christmas Eve at the McMillans' was fun and relaxing. So many fun new toys. The new bed sheet sets are washed and put on their beds already. Gabriel enjoys his new chainsaw (thanks, Uncle Mike!).
 Ephraim figures out the power screwdriver with Grandpa.
One day while in the backyard, Gabriel sat on top of the climbing mountain and told Ephraim a long detailed story.
Ephraim listened intently.
Best friends going off on a road trip in mom's van!
One day we went to the park and played soccer together. While we were there, Gabriel met a girl who was a year or two older than him. Natalie and Gabriel hit it off right away (so perfect for each other, I couldn't believe it). They played chase and soccer, and took breaks often to talk about video games and their karate classes. They got along so well. Soon we had to go. Gabriel asked for her phone number so we could meet again (which he has done for boys in his school class). Being around older girls, Natalie blushed and ran away screaming. Poor Gabriel didn't get it. He was so innocent. He went back over to her and made a date to see her again the next day at 1:30pm. I had to go to work, but my mom took them and amazingly Natalie was there again. I wish there had been a parent with her because we would have exchanged info. When we got home the first time, Gabriel immediately drew a picture of himself and Natalie holding hands (he asked me how to spell her name). Then he made a sign for the game shelf that said "No video games." When I asked him why he put that, he said it was because he wanted to spend his time thinking of Natalie instead. Such a sweetheart! And only 6 1/2 years old!
My darling boy! Ephraim continues to be my little comedian! There was a bowl of grapes and an apple that Gabriel had started on the table. In full Ephraim style, he pointed to the apple and said in a slightly lowered voice, "Boy, look at that big grape!"
Last night we went over our friends John and Megahn's house and visited with cousin Everett. The three boys played so well together, it was nice to see. They had a balancing game called Suspend. 
 Snuggling boys watching videos on Gabriel's ipod.
I am sad to see them go back to school tomorrow because they have been so good to each other. It is nice to see them relaxed and enjoying play time around the house. But I am grateful to my parents for taking care of them after school so I can work. I am thankful for a good-paying job to support my family. I am so happy to have generous and supportive friends and family. I appreciate all the presents and enjoyable time we've spent together. Happy New Year! 2014 is going to be a wonderful year, I can feel it.

No comments: