Monday, August 11, 2014

August Garden and Pool

Summer has been wonderful. Our garden started out with these first pickings:
Giant yellow zucchini!
 
Ephraim went to a birthday party and I was amazed to see him climb this pole and then slide down. It was a welcome change to see him playing with kids/friends his own age instead of in Gabriel's shadow.
Oh, my birthday present arrived too. I love my new bedframe. For the last 12 years, my mattress has either been directly on the floor or on a squeaky basic metal frame that looks and sounds like it's going to give out. This one is made of beautiful cherry colored wood with four drawers under it. I am pleased.
Lots of pool time. I love these action shots:
 
I think Ephraim will be a great professional swimmer. He has NO problem diving in, getting his face wet, and swimming from one side to the other. Since I am unable to watch/hold two boys at once in deeper water, they've never been in a pool without floatation devices. Perhaps next year we'll get an upgrade and I can teach the kids really how to swim.
 Yoga in the pool.
 Ahhh, the sun evaporates the shivers.
So many vegetables to pick!
 
Cousin Everett came to spend the night. First sleep over was a huge success!! Yes, part of the time was video games.
But they were happy to climb the walls too. Here are all three boys before bedtime! Look at those muscles at work!
I recently learned how to play Yahtzee from my friend Kim, and I taught the boys. 
Any place is a good place to read.
What did we do today? Nothing much, just hung around!
Gabriel and I picked as many tomatoes as we could and we boiled them down into sauce. (Anyone else think Gabriel looks about 12 years old here! yikes)
Ephraim's school made graduation hats. He technically has another year of preschool before he starts kindergarten, which is hard for me to believe because he is so incredibly smart now. 

No comments: