Wednesday, November 5, 2008

He Talks

Gabriel blows raspberries at the camera.
Gabriel loves to do what I do. At first he was afraid of the vacuum and had to be held by one parent while the other vacuumed. Then I could hold him while vacuuming. Recently, he'd playfully crawl away from or in the path of the vacuum. Now Gabriel insists on taking a turn pushing the vacuum around!

In other news, Gabriel is talking more and more. Most times he moves his tongue and lips and makes noises that he frustratingly intends as words but that come out as gibberish to us. He will even repeat the exact same sound multiple times to try to get us to understand! (That part amazes us.) Sometimes we actually understand him. He said "again, again" this weekend when doing something fun. He said "manana" and "I got the manana" when he grabbed his banana over breakfast. He has said "I got it" for a while, but now sometimes it's "I got dis" and he adds a word. He has a high-pitched moan he uses for cat and a closed-mouth "woof woof" for dog.

Baby sign language has been great. We have been teaching him the sign for dirty diaper and he'll tell me when he needs to be changed. Gabriel completely understands our spoken words and is aware of his surroundings. At church the other day, a lady got up to speak and Gabriel signed to Paul "where's the music?" Paul understood Gabriel because that was the lady who led the nursery children at music time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How utterly adorable. I love hearing these little stories of his attempts to learn something or his attempts and successes at talking. Cute, cute cute. The story about him and the vacuum, brought back memories of Tony, he did then same things. Now our cat is at the stage where he gets in front and sort of lets it chase him. LOL (I doubt he'll ever push it)
Love to all,
Grandpa and Grandma Gunn