Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Mud and Letters

I gave this paintbrush to Gabriel and showed him how he could "paint" with water on the patio. He liked that. Yesterday, after digging in the dirt, Gabriel preferred painting with mud. On himself. Gabriel painted his hand, his sleeve, and thought it was hilarious when I kept running away from him so he wouldn't get mud on me.
Gabriel is also very excited to be learning letters. We are so impressed, but I feel a little guilty because I think he should be learning the words for food and potty and other necessities. But it is so adorable how enthusiastic he is to match his alphabet magnets to the letters in his ABC books and on this alphabet computer which his daddy just got him (used too! yay for the internet).
He knows about half the letters, not always consistently. He sticks his tongue out for L and can enunciate the difference between N and M. (B, C, D, E, F, H is hard to say and sometimes sounds the same as X, I, L, M, N, O, P, T, U, X, Y, Z)

No comments: