Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Life

Some days I can handle life better than others. This is not one of them. During the 3am feeding, I got up to find two cockroaches 3 inches long in my kitchen!!! Yuck! After killing one and losing the other behind the cabinets, I was nearly sick to my stomach as I tried to go back to sleep. This morning as I was washing my face and cleaning before playgroup met here, I heard banging. I found Gabriel banging one of his toys on the keyboard of my laptop. It seems to work again after I rebooted it. Then this afternoon I gave Gabriel some peanut butter to snack on. I turn my back for a second and found him looking at me with guilt as he smeared peanut butter all over his castle toy. I sent him to wash the peanut butter off his hands (nevermind the stuff in his hair). What I can't clean out of the cracks of the castle I figure the cockroaches will finish for me. Ugh!

Gabriel came out of the bathroom saying, "Mommy, are you happy or mad or sad?" What can I say?! He's cute still. And this is just another typical day. I know a year from now when I read this in my blog book I'll look back and laugh.

Otherwise, his new phrases today are "Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" and "Nice to see you again."

Maybe I should have taken Ephraim's advice from last night:

1 comment:

Gilbert Family said...

sorry things are so down right now. it will get better. remember you can always call or come over and we can chat and eat cookies ;) ephraim is a talker! so is kaia. maybe they will talk together. love ya!