Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Walking?!

I need to record this: Ephraim has been impressing us today with his new-found ability to walk! He took about 5 steps from the rocking chair to the couch. Sometimes he'll stand by himself and take one step and kind of leap leaning forward to his destination. But as of today I think he has more confidence in his balance.

Average age for walking is about 12 months. Gabriel took his first steps from dad to mom at 10 1/2 months. Ephraim is 9 months and desperate to keep up with brother! Gabriel was playing with a gift bag we got today and he put it down on a chair. Ephraim was holding another chair close by, let go, judged the distance (I held out my hand in case he wanted to grab it), but he walked about 5 steps to get the bag all by himself. Video to come. Paul predicted that he'd walk before Christmas. I think I will declare him right!

And he's not afraid to tell us when he wants something, especially if brother has it. He has a nice loud yell, a prelude to "my turn!" I'm sure.

1 comment:

MonaLisa said...

Whoa, that young man is rushing things a bit trying to catch up to his big brother. How sweet and cute and exciting to see each milestone reached by our awesome children. If he continues to rush his developing, just imagine the genus you will have on your hands. In fact, Gabriel has a ton of imagination, and Ephraim, in an effort to copy his brother, will be a genus. No question about it. (LOL) as said by one proud Grandma.

Cute story about his loud yell, yes I'm sure it is a prelude to "my turn". And so the competition begins.

Boys, aren't they just a world of fun!?!!

Love you,
love your boys,
Hug them for Grandma and Grandpa