Thursday, January 6, 2011

9+ Months

We're a little late on our 9-month check up for Ephraim but we went today. He weighs 21 lbs 9 oz (staying at 75th percentile) and is 29 1/2 inches tall (staying at 95th). He is such a mellow happy baby! He loves following his brother and playing chase (both boys crawling around). He has discovered he can power-crawl down the hallway and explore mom & dad's bedroom or the forbidden office before anyone realizes he's gone. And yes, he found the tupperware cabinet!
Besides a doctor's appointment, we've had an interesting day. Ephraim went to bed at 9:30 last night and I was in bed before 10pm. Ephraim has been sleeping through the night with no problems lately, so naturally after I thought that, I knew tradition would hold true and we'd have problems. :) Ephraim woke up around 12:30am and had trouble going back to sleep. At 1:15am he was asleep again and I finally got to go back to bed. Minutes later I hear Gabriel crying for me. This is very unusual, so I go check to see what's wrong. Nothing, except that he's asking for milk (which might mean he's hungry). An hour later, same thing. At 3am when he came into our room, I couldn't take it (oh why didn't he eat dinner like he was suppose to?!), so I laid down with him in his bed. It was clear he was wide awake. But since I was anything but awake, I made him stay in bed for the next hour. At 4:30am I gave up and we got up for the day. I wasn't sure how long he'd last. I was wasted at 1pm. At 2:30pm, I sat down to give Ephraim his bottle and put him down for his nap. Gabriel curled up next to me and was asleep in seconds. Poor thing. It's 5:30pm and we finally were able to wake him up. He just rolled over and snored whenever we tried before. Something tells me this will be another interesting night.

No comments: