First, our big news: Paul is taking a job transfer to Sacramento. So that means we'll be putting our house on the market and moving to the Sacramento area (maybe Rancho Cordova) sometime early this year. We're not sure when the new position will start, maybe as soon as the end of January. We're hoping to get more details when Paul starts work again. Meanwhile, we've tackled the garage! Boxes that have been tossed together for several moves are finally getting organized. Lots of stuff donated and thrown away. I am so happy! Now that the garage is almost managed, we can start packing the rest of the house.
Paul found these (He-Man?) monsters in one of his boxes. The arms and legs can be rearranged (one or two heads, two to four arms, multiple legs, etc.). Paul and Gabriel had a great time playing together with them on Sunday. With the help of a friend watching the boys for a few hours, we worked out in the garage and consolidated Paul's enormous Contrux collection into four huge bins. Whew!
In all the excitement of the holidays and dad being home, poor Ephraim hasn't been taking his usual nap. This means he sometimes gets really tired early (7pm instead of his usual 8:30pm). Last night it was so sweet and sad: I was making dinner around 5:45pm and he kept asking for "noonooles" noodles and "rah!" dinosaur-shaped chicken. I was busy making it and turned around to see this:
Poor thing fell asleep with his elbow and head on the table! I carried him to his crib and he slept the rest of the night!
I also want to note that our little almost-two-year old has an opinion about what he wears. I had a big battle with him on Sunday morning before church. He really wanted to wear his black vest (fine with me) but he burst into tears when I tried to put a shirt on first to go under it. After two tries with two different shirts, I was sneaky and put a shirt inside the vest before I put it on him. He barely noticed and was satisfied. He has also insisted on wearing his "Very Hungry Caterpillar" shirt and cries when I try to take it off. I think it's just a Two Thing. He has opinions.


No comments:
Post a Comment