Moving update: Paul secured an apartment in Sacramento. We are very excited about it. We need to fill out paperwork, get approved, and then Paul can move in so he doesn't have to stay at the hotel (even at the company's expense). I'm excited that he can start taking stuff up there. We don't have a solid plan yet, still playing it by ear. Our house goes on the market February 2. Gabriel has two more weeks of preschool (had to give them notice), so his last day there will be February 10. We'll see how crazy it is to still live here while trying to show the house. Maybe it will sell fast and we can join dad soon. Maybe it will be impossible to keep the house clean enough and get out of the way for potential buyers while still living here. I don't know.
On to more fun kids stuff:
Ephraim is talking more and more, when given the chance. He has put several words together to form thoughts.
"Ah do" or "Ah doit" = I want to do it. (and you better not stop him)
“Ga do” = Gabriel did it. (pointing at Gabriel after I asked who broke a toy)
“Ah stah sa” = I stepped on your shadow. (we were playing with our shadows last night before sleeping)
“Spa!” or “Pot!” = I took your spot! (always said with a big proud grin)
He holds his index finger up close to his mouth and says “hmmmm” when looking for something. Funny to see him pick up this mannerism.
Gabriel continues to impress his teachers with his interest in learning new things. Not as easy to get him to sit down and practice writing or do his preschool homework. Earlier this week, I told Gabriel "10 more minutes. That means when the big hand goes from the 2 to the 4." He cheerfully piped up, "I know that, mom. I learned that in preschool!" We watched the movie "Princess Bride" today and Gabriel spent all afternoon acting out the sword fighting scene, attempting to do the acrobatic moves. He is still amazingly gifted physically. His stubborn streak makes me look for and try to create the moments when he initiates something himself and finishes a task that he's proud of.

No comments:
Post a Comment