Ephraim did something cute so I scooped him up and kissed him. He wiped off my kisses (nothing new) and said "germs, eeeew!" What?! My son thinks I'm giving him germs when I kiss him, I'm so sad. Paul was right there, so I complained to Paul that my babies won't let me kiss them anymore. So Ephraim runs over to the toybox and grabs the baby doll and hands it to me!
Gabriel has been talking about how he wants to be a superhero when he grows up. This evening, he points to the wall and screams "spider!" Before I can even react, he says, "I'll get it," and grabs a shoe from the pile by the door, and smashes the shoe against the wall. Wow, my hero! I am comforted to know that I will have a spider smasher in the family.
Just as a point of family record, Paul got his new apartment keys this last Wednesday and we spent most of yesterday moving boxes in 104 degrees Sacramento weather. Whew! Thank goodness for air conditioning. We made a significant dent in the storage garage and emptied a closet in our current apartment. I think we'll rent a small moving truck next weekend and get the furniture that won't fit in my van. Meanwhile, on the other side of town, our bid got accepted on the house in Pinole. The boys and I went with Dad and Mike to inspect it on Friday. I am so excited. There is so much space (1820 sqft) in the four bedrooms/two bathrooms and I am already arranging toys in the huge playroom. There is a brick planter along the front of the house that I hope to fill with some of dad's fertile dirt/compost and plant herbs there--mint and rosemary for sure. Lots of good things to come, focusing on the positive.
1 comment:
so glad that you are moving forward with happy things. saw the pics. jealous! g will LOVE that backyard!!!
Post a Comment