Some fun update pictures. Here are my boys watering our garden. My dad was great and built these raised boxes for us and planted broccoli, potatoes, and lettuce (and a stray tomato). Gabriel has been so sweet and says that watering our garden is his chore (he says it proudly). I love seeing him grow up and want to help more around the house.
For Halloween, Gabriel wants to be Link from the classic video game Zelda. I sewed a shirt (from scratch cut from an old t-shirt of mine, yes I'm proud of myself). He eagerly put on the shirt, hot off the sewing machine, and found a sword. I found a belt for him and he ran outside with the first hat he could find. While he played, I sewed a real hat. This past weekend, Paul made a really cool shield to match (on a high shelf now to preserve it for Halloween).
Last weekend was General Conference (when the prophet and apostles from our church speak to us and the whole world). I set up the living room and laptop and provided candy incentives to listen. Here we are Saturday morning. Ephraim LOVES doing somersaults and head-stands.
Of course, when one brother does it...
Mormon Tabernacle Choir
Tonight (with Link costume on, of course), Gabriel started building a "roller coaster" with the train tracks. He used all kinds of blocks and toys as stilts to hold the train pieces up. Creative little monkey!
Also, I don't know if I've recorded that the kids are getting along really well now. I think Gabriel has a little more patience and a little less hostility toward his brother. It also helps that Ephraim can talk more and has plenty of ideas for play of his own and WANTS to play with big brother. It makes me so happy to see them playing nicely so often instead of needing constant supervision because of fist fights and shoving and fighting over toys.
No comments:
Post a Comment