Grandpa and Grandma McMillan came too. Ephraim sat on my lap ...
... and fell asleep before the program even started!!
On Saturday we drove down to San Jose for a good friend's birthday party. It was at a bowling alley!! Both kids were very excited. Gabriel soon found out that real bowling balls are a lot heavier and harder to throw than the ones in our Wii bowling video game (which he loves). But he had a blast, he even got THREE spares! The pizza, onions straws, and gingerbread ninja cookies were a highlight too.
Both kids got a stomach flu that went around our church and were very sick Sunday night through Monday. I am so thankful for a washer and dryer in my house that work well. I was constantly doing laundry on Monday while the kids lay like limp vegetables on the couch watching movie after movie between naps. By Tuesday Gabriel was better but it has taken Ephraim more time to get his energy back. Today, Wednesday, I spent the day scrubbing down the house to get rid of the germs. After school, Gabriel and Ephraim were happy playing with toys again.
My parents noticed how Ephraim likes to do the splits while sword fighting. Not sure where he got that, but it's funny.
Also, lately Gabriel has been saying "read my lips, N-O, no!" Not a nice attitude and little brother has picked up on it but with a twist. I can't help but laugh when Ephraim says, "N-C, no!" or "N-D, no!"
Ephraim is working hard on developing his sense of humor too. He asks me throughout the day, "dat funny, mom?" Tonight I was getting him ready for bed and he said, "I love you. I love your brain, mom. (pause) That's a joke, mom. Dat funny?" Yes, my precious, it is!
1 comment:
you were here?!?!?! what the heck! pshhh...whatever, man. just kidding. Ephraim is so silly.
Post a Comment