Ephraim: (picking his nose)
Mom: Are you digging a hole to your brain?! Eeew!
E: No, my brain not in there.
Mom: You’re so smart. Where is your brain?
E: Inside here (pointing to his knee)
Mom: What? No, your brain is up here in your head.
E: I have a large brain, goes all the way to here. (pointing to knee)
Mom: (laughs)
E: (thinks) If you don’t have a brain, you’re a zombie, you know dat?
We had a family home evening lesson on talents tonight. I talked first about Gabriel's talents: how I love that he has been working on developing his drawing talent. I also love that he picks up song tunes so quickly (which was immediately demonstrated) and is great with music. Gabriel then jumped up and tearfully hugged me and said this was the best night ever! I give him compliments often, but I guess that's what he needed tonight--point blank love.
Here is Gabriel's cowboy that he drew a few weeks ago (inspired by the other side of the paper that has a printed picture of Woody in a similar pose). I love that he said the pink lines by the legs are the "blur" because the cowboy is running.
We had a little castle inside our fishtank. The fishtank is now drained but the kids wanted the mini castle. Gabriel found it this afternoon and asked for some blank paper and started drawing what he saw. He added the two tallest towers later, along with the fireworks "for the princess's birthday."


No comments:
Post a Comment