Sunday, March 31, 2013

Shower Time

The other day Gabriel helped me pump the gas into the van and a guy in his early 20s pointed out how Gabriel will be driving before I know it. I am happy to wait, but time sure flies. Two days ago, Gabriel said, "I want to try taking a shower, mom. I want to practice being a grown-up." So instead of his usual bath with his brother, Gabriel got to shower with supervision. He loved it!! We called Heather and he was so excited to share the good news. So tonight, I suggested it again and Gabriel enthusiastically tested the water and hopped in the shower. He shampooed his own hair and used a washcloth to wash himself. As he was rinsing off, he said, "Mom, how small or big do I look? 10? Do I look 10, mom?"

Oh, sweetie, slow down!

No comments: