Monday, July 29, 2013

Camping!

My parents organized a camping trip for our family to Union Valley Reservoir (south of Lake Tahoe). I've really been wanting to take the boys out to a forest with water and just play all day. It didn't go at all as I had hoped. The drive was too long (almost three hours), Gabriel said. I couldn't get them to sleep that night, and I think Gabriel was bored or something because he kept acting up. HOWEVER, there were several very awesome moments during the trip that make me look forward to trying again in a few years. 

We got to go swimming! The boys loved it! They both had life vests and liked exploring their freedom in the water. Here I am giving Gabriel a "motorboat" ride. 
 Gabriel loved eating chicken off the stick. They were so enthusiastic about their dinner.
And even more enthusiastic about dessert--s'mores! Both Gabriel and Ephraim enjoyed roasting marshmellows and eating them.
 Mmmm!
 We had fun going for walks. There were several fallen trees that we could climb and walk on.
 Sleepy mommy the next morning!

No comments: