Gabriel had his 6 year check up. He is 48" tall and 48 lbs. I see so much growth in Gabriel since last year. While he still can be extremely pesty, getting in to trouble, etc., I also see him retraining himself a lot more. I am so proud of him for that. Having too much energy is never a problem now at six, he can spend a nice amount of time playing with Legos or drawing. He can be a wonderful older brother when he wants to be. When he is in the mood, he is so nurturing and helpful to Ephraim. He is very interested in learning about the cats, learning how to pet (and scare!) them. His talent for music is still strong. He can pick up a tune after hearing it only once and hum it so you can easily recognize it. He loves to draw and it is amazing to me the details he adds now. No more stick figures at all! I love my Gabriel!!
My fantastic news is that I got offered a full-time job!! I will be a production editor for an education publishing company who makes teacher manuals for grades K-5. I heard about the position at the Developmental Studies Center back before the new year. I knew someone who worked there, but just missed applying in time to get an interview. Then another position there came up a few months ago. I rocked two interviews, and it was between me and one other person, but I didn't get it. I was told to wait until July and they might create another position. I got a call out of the blue on Monday and, to my surprise, was offered the job right out! I start in August. I already picked out a Montessori preschool for Ephraim and I'm working on something for Gabriel. He might be taking Karate after school four days a week, which has an after school program. Otherwise, I will be solely relying on my parents for help. I am very anxious about leaving my kids all day and who will take care of the details, BUT I am extremely thankful for a job that will pay the bills and finally make ends meet. It is in Emeryville, which is about 20 minutes away in no traffic... so maybe 40 minute commute.
No comments:
Post a Comment