Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Gaming Party

We had a wonderful unofficial house-warming party this three-day Memorial weekend. Friends and family came over or stopped by Friday through Monday. It was a blast! We played each other's games for a Tournament: Acceptable Losses, Clue, Dance Dance Revolution, Fable, Halo 2, Mario Kart, Poker, Street Fighter. And other games we played just for fun, like Paul's new "Blank Cards" game, Balderdash, AD&D, and Wii boxing. I'm sad I didn't take any pictures of people playing games though.

Paul and I collapsed Monday evening, totally satisfied that we'd do it again (perhaps just for Saturday to Sunday morning next time). Now all our energy will be devoted to preparing for the baby. I'm so excited to get the baby's room set up and decorated. I'll post pictures as things get done.

3 comments:

Heather said...

I can't take credit for The Game of Blank Cards. It was loosely based on the game 1000 Blank White Cards which I found in Wikipedia. Our game was certianly similar to the game described there. I even used the same invitation to play: "It's a game. Whatever cards you make become part of the rules. Here's a pen."

Skye said...

Sounds like SO much fun! We LOVE games as well! We could honestly play them forever! I so wish we lived closer!!!!!

Anonymous said...

how's the baby's room coming along? when you don't post for a while I start to worry. You're not out giving birth are you?!