Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Crash!

Paul got in an accident this morning. He is fine, thankfully!!! Paul was driving the very windy highway 17 to work in Santa Cruz. As he was going around a blind bend, he swerved to avoid a 3-car pile-up and drove up an embankment. He appears uninjured so far (other than a little shaken), but the VW Bug is pretty much totaled. Front two tires are damaged, the radiator and oilpan are hanging down and the floor of the driver's side is raised so there's lots of damage. We're waiting to see what the insurance company's assessment of the car is.

We cleaned out the car, just in case it is considered totaled so we don't have to go back. Gabriel helped. :) I'm a little sad, I loved my bug. And this will be the only picture of Gabriel with it. But I can't help repeating how thankful I am that Paul is okay.



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I'm glad Paul is alright. Sorry that the little bug isn't.

Kyle said...

Oh no! Not the bug! Where are the spots? At least Paul made it out OK. That is scary.

Unknown said...

sorry to hear about the bug... like you we are glad Paul is ok! Good luck with the insurance people, they can be such a pain sometimes.

Skye said...

Thank heavens Paul is okay!!! That's awful! I loved your bug too!!!!! Sister Han and i got to enjoy a few rides in it! :)

julia said...

Paul, I'm so glad you're ok. Not the BUG!!!

Anonymous said...

My Goodness!! Thank goodness you were not injured. So sorry about the car. Have you gotten it settled with the insurance yet? Will you buy another lady bug? Love you, Dad and Mom-Lisa

Chris! said...

Glad that all has gone well. Goodness! These kind of things have a way of lingering...