Tuesday, April 14, 2009

21 Months Fly By

For a while Gabriel has been pointing out the E-X-I-T signs everywhere we go. Those signs and any lights that are On or Uff are his conversation openers with strangers. This weekend we began to notice more two-syllable words. He can imitate what we say better and better. He learned "Umpa" for grandpa and "Ambi" which is my brother's dog. After Gabriel's nap today, he woke up in a great mood and anxious to learn. He brought an ABC book to me and we went patiently through every letter. He repeated some back as I said them. Then he went to his frig magnet letters and started picking out the ones he knew and saying them to me. Then he heard a car door slam and asked (in his wavering tones) if his cousin was here. I said no sadly. Then he said "Daw" his word for John. No, not coming either. Then he went off to play.

No comments: