Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Sleeping Angel

This is what Gabriel looked like this morning, with his blanket, the bunny he sleeps with (as of about a month ago), head snuggled under Paul's pillow, and half under our covers. Normally and lately, he has been a perfect sleeping angel. I put him to sleep in his room, he falls asleep while on his bed and I'm in the rocking chair, and he sleeps through the night. It takes about an hour from when we begin reading stories to when he's mostly asleep and we can sneak out. Last night, he woke up at 1am and couldn't go back to sleep. I even tried sleeping next to him in his bed and we tossed and turned together until about 5:30am... until I put him in our bed. Then he slept peacefully, sleeping through Paul's loud alarm clock and shower. The poor thing is teething, getting his molars.

The other night Gabriel was on a video game kick. In his almost-two-year-old way, he insisted we play some of our more active video games (like Dance Dance Revolution and Wii Fit). We did and then Paul introduced Gabriel to some classic Zelda. Gabriel wanted to press all the buttons himself. He's getting so big.

No comments: