Thursday, February 25, 2010

Waiting Days

Gabriel climbed into his old seat in the garage this afternoon. He twirled happily in it for a while. It gave me a nice break, knowing he was in one place and not getting in trouble. He still needs a nap every day, but it's just not happening. We struggle for several hours in the afternoon since we're both tired but we'll get there.

On the other side of things, I'm tired of waiting. I know the difficulties ahead and I know it will be hard to juggle a non-napping almost-3 year old and a newborn. Then again, I'm looking forward to Paul being home for a few weeks to help and I'm looking forward to being on the other side of this waiting. On the bright side, my church friends are throwing me a shower for tomorrow night which will be nice. And my blog book got published and arrived yesterday--it is gorgeous and I'm so happy with it. It is a hard-bound full color book of all my posts and pictures for 2007-2009.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Talk Paul into letting you nap while he is home, before baby arrives. I wish I would have taken advantage of offers. Chloe doesn't nap much anymore either, so when I can, I'll curl up in the recliner (usually while nursing) and try to catch a few minutes of rest. It is hard with a newborn and toddler, but you'll be great! We are so excited for you all!!!