Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Caterpillars and Frogs

Ephraim has discovered books. He frequently goes to the shelf and grabs a book and walks over to hand it to us. Often, if I'm sitting on the floor, he'll climb into my lap too. We just flipped through "The Very Hungry Caterpillar" boardbook 3 times in a row, plus another time when Gabriel got interested. I think sticking our fingers in the holes to be the caterpillar was the best part for both boys.

Gabriel is growing up but still adorable. We watched "Princess and the Frog" recently. This evening he was jumping around the room and came up to me and said, "Ribbit, ribbit! Turn me into a man." I blew him a kiss, but he said, "No, mom, you gotta kiss me" and he came in closer for a smooch. How sweet is that?!

1 comment:

MonaLisa said...

When Momma and Daddy are book people, you can bet the kids will have an interest and love of books. How cute that Ephraim is "asking" you to read or look at books with him. I love how Gabriel comes over and gets involved too. Even if all you're doing is putting your fingers in the holes..... lol

How cute Gabriel is a frog and wants to be kissed to be turned back into a man. I'm still smiling.

Love those kids....
Love you and Paul,
Grandma and Grandpa