Friday, November 2, 2012

Link, Fill Up Your Hearts

We just passed exactly three months since we moved to this new house. Gabriel has been sleeping on his mattress in my bedroom almost all that time. It has been a really hard time for him, so I allowed it. I've been talking to him about moving back (especially now that it is colder, I'd rather he not be on the floor). He said over and over that he hates his room. So I tried redecorating it and things seem to be better.
Since he was Link for Halloween, we decorated his room with a few Zelda things I cut from construction paper.
Gabriel dressed as Link for school. I don't think anyone recognized who he was suppose to be, so he was a little disappointed, but very proud of his shield. Most of the boys were ninjas with a few superheroes of Batman and Ironman. Oh! And I wanted to record that Gabriel now has a second tooth coming in next to the first one (on the bottom). His two bottom baby teeth are wiggly, but he doesn't like pain at all so he doesn't wiggle them.
Meanwhile, Ephraim is a handful at times. I'm hoping it's just a phase exaggerated by his personality, but I feel the need to curb his perfectionism. For example, he was stabbing his noodles with his fork, trying to get as many on there as he could. He had a meltdown when one fell off. He must have been tired. And he normally refuses sauce on his noodles, but the other night I saw him lining up his noodles perfectly in a row (see pic) and then he asked for sauce on them. Weird! Things have to be just right for him. He also insists on doing more himself. (I know that's part of his age, yay.) If these two things don't happen, he breaks into meltdown sobs.
I wanted to take just one picture of what I'm up against every day--blankets, toys, shoes, food crumbs, bowls and wrappers from snacks, books, etc. I'm trying to get the kids to help me clean every evening before bed, but when surprise visitors come in the middle of the day (like a roofer coming to give an estimate on my leaking roof), the house is embarrassing. But hey, now you can see what the living room looks like in our new house. :)

2 comments:

Kimycatt said...

The living room is a constant battle for us too! I'm sure we 'll miss the clutter when our kids are big though ;)

Skye said...

I can't believe how big your boys are getting! So cute!! My Ayla is very exact in what she wants! I feel your pain!!!